I'm dusting the shelves, touching the bottles 'hello' as they each have a part in a story about to unfold.
"How is life?"
"I am a glass of Martini, shaken AND stirred."
"Why do you have a bread tattooed on your wrist?"
"If you could put your heart at your mouth, what would it say?"
"How was that elephant placenta soup?"
"Did you know that an elephant has 32 souls, like humans?"
"I don’t believe it man! I feel like the IRON MAN. Fucking solid tonight! I don’t know what I want next.. I love THIS drink, and I don’t even like ginger. Nor whisky. You put the big spell on me."
"It's good to know what to serve to whom."
How many limes have I peeled, juiced and squeezed so far? Why is everyone having G&Ts tonight? Why is it Tanqueray every time? The other night, everyone wanted Old Fashioneds. It's gotta be the moon… Elon Musk should be begging for forgiveness for messing with it...
I light a candle.
"That won’t make me look better!"
‘Oh, but if that was my intention, I would go dim the lights.’
The moon is half full, hanging in the sky like a boat.
“What is up with Gin &Tonics tonight?"
"You know how a G&T is … like a really good Club Sandwich? You know what I mean. How one feels about Club Sandwiches. Wherever you have it, however they make it, it’s always good.
"You see I’m a chef. I compare everything to food."
'...at the heart of Saturday night...', creaks Tom Waits like an ever so rusty radio perpetually drunk on the moon at closing time.
It also happens to be a Saturday. Up in the eternal midnight sky there is the next melody... Grapefruit Moon...
“Lack of clarity only means that everything is possible.”
Everything is connected. My hands to a hundred-thousand limes going into your drinks; memories triggered by a piece of music only our souls can truly hear.
"Your bar is like a melting pot. Like a soup with all different ingredients inside."
"More like a barrel of whiskey, I say. The angel’s share… our words to one another evaporate while the spirit inside gets stronger with time.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment